GDPR has meant that more and more companies demand company files being physically stored in Europe and in some cases even in Sweden. With the new US law, “Cloud Act”, it is also crucial for Swedish companies which supplier to choose to avoid the possibility of foreign authorities getting access to stored information. Therefore, Cygate (a part of Telia), now offers its customers Storegate’s services as part of their offering of local cloud services.
When the EU Data Protection Regulation came into force earlier this year, many companies and organizations got their eyes on how their information was handled. This also increased the need for locally produced cloud services for data storage within the borders of Sweden. Therefore, Cygate now offers their own and Telia’s corporate customers secure storage in Storegate’s Swedish cloud service.
“Today there is a great demand for a legally accurate and secure management of business data. Here, Cygate has already been able to offer a wide range of services as well as custom data halls for storing and managing our customers’ information in a more tailored way. With Storegate, we can also offer Swedish cloud services to secure, store and share files to those customers who make these demands.” Says Patrik Holmqvist, Business Area Manager for Hybrid IT at Cygate.
“With Storegate, Cygate’s customers have access to a Swedish cloud service for storing, sharing, accessing and collaborating with files, which is quite unique,” says Matz Karlsson, CEO of Storegate AB. This is because Storegate develops their services on their own platform and therefore as a Swedish company under Swedish law. In addition, all files are stored in our own servers located in computer halls located in Sweden with our partner Telia Carrier. Having our own platform also means that we can offer custom cloud services to secure, store and share files. That’s rather unique as well, Matz Karlsson finishes.
For more information, contact:
Matz Karlsson, VD, Storegate AB,
Fredrik Saxholm, Cygate
+46 (0) 72 509 85 75, fredrik.saxholm[at]cygate.se
ABOUT STOREGATE Storegate offers a wide range of cloud services that enable businesses and individuals to secure, store, access, share and collaborate with digital information anywhere, anytime. Storegate AB is a Swedish company that believes that the need for privacy and integrity in the future will grow. We are therefore driven by meeting and exceeding the future needs and security requirements in data storage in Sweden. The systems for storage are located in Sweden and are thus governed by Swedish law. This makes it much easier for Swedish companies in terms of GDPR and the new US law Clod Act. Storegate was founded in 2003 and is owned, in addition to management, by the venture capital companies Industrifonden, Servisen, T-selskabet, Aggregate Media and the Sparbanken i Karlshamns Näringslivsstiftelse. For more information, see more at www.storegate.se
ABOUT CYGATE Cygate is a Swedish IT company with strength and flexibility. Thanks to our long experience, our personal commitment and not least our passion for everything spelled IT, you are safe with us. We are part of Telia, and on Sweden’s largest network, we can offer local and tailor-made IT services with both width and tip to help you realize your ideas. Our 750 employees in 20 locations in Sweden make it possible.
ABOUT CLOUD ACT On March 23, 2018, a new US law entered into force, the CLOUD Act (Clarifying Overseas Use of Data), which provides US authorities with access to data stored on US cloud services, even though it is stored abroad, and that US cloud services do not may refuse to provide such data.
If is the leading property and casualty insurance company in the Nordic region as well as to Nordic customers with international operations. From the beginning of February If will include Storegate cloud backup into it´s computer crime insurance to give extra safety to customers. The cloud backup will protect against ransomware and other damages to the computer such as theft or hard drive crashes.
– We are proud that If have chosen Storegate as a vendor since our focus is to offer easy-to-use services for companies that need to store, share, collaborate or backup in the cloud, says Torbjörn Lindkvist, Sales director at Storegate AB.
– Most of all companies are dependent on computers and mobile phones in its daily business. The risk of being hit by for example hard dive crashes, theft or ransomware, can be consider small, but when it strikes it will result in serious effects for both employees, customers and vendors, says Henrik Jönsson, Product Manager at If. In these cases will our insurance and the backup from Storegate come in well.
For more information, please contact:
Torbjörn Lindkvist, Sales Director, Storegate AB,
+46 (0) 705 487 463, torbjorn.lindkvist[at]storegate.com
Pro Backup 2.0, Storegate’s more advanced backup client, will be released in January.
Besides a lot of enhancements of task scheduling and task management, it’s now also possible to create backups of external cloud services. The current release supports for example Amazon S3, Box, Google Drive, Google Cloud Storage, Openstack, Microsoft Azure, OneDrive and Rackspace.
Full image copy
There is also support for full image copy directly in the client and it’s possible to backup FTP-, SFTP- and WebDAV-servers. The log functionality has been enhanced with notifications for improved monitoring.
Storegate Pro Backup 2.0 is released on January 22 and is part of our service Backup Server.
Although rain drops are rolling down the window panes of our office, we are feeling the Christmas spirit. But in harmony with the rain that ought to be snow, some things in the world do not feel right.
Every day we are met with news of terror, murder, climate crisis and tensions between nations. No doubt, this can leave us feeling a bit dismal.
However, someone once said “each newborn child is a new chance” and at Christmas we are all children again, aren’t we? Also, after Christmas there is a new year coming, bringing a sense of new opportunities, a chance to do things over. To better ourselves. The holidays are a short rest, a chance to gather strength to create a better year. A better future.
The future lies within the children, and that is why we are not giving anyone any presents this year. Instead, we are sending a donation to BRIS(Swedish Non-Governmental Organization working to protect and prioritize childrens rights (more)).
However, we want to wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year and we do so with our, by now almost classic, Christmas film. Reminding us that we all need a good backup. Happy holidays!
We are doing some final testing and minor adjustments, but this Monday we launch the new web interface. Welcome to the tool that gives you easy access and plenty of possibilities to handle your files – in any browser!
Easier to navigate
The new interface is optimized for current and future demands, and enables smoother work and navigation. For example, you will find a new side menu granting easy access to your whole account, at any time, anywhere in the structure of the interface.
Stronger, lifting larger files
Development increases file sizes anywhere you turn, but that is no longer a problem! The new interface knows no boundaries regarding the size of files.
Good looking, on any screen
Doing everything else, we obviously made everything nicer to the eye. The user experience is intuitively easier – on any screen. The interface adapts to your screen size, making it possible to download, share and edit files in for example Office Online just as smoothly, regardless if you are using a tablet or a computer.
[Image: Secure your files at Visma using Storegate Backup]
Visma Backup is a service provided since 2007 by Storegate for Visma, a Swedish supplier of software for administration, accounting and finances. From April 10th, the service is called Storegate Backup.
– As we have been providing the service in the name of Visma for a long period of time, it of course means a lot to us that Visma trusts us to continue doing so using our own brand. This means that we can offer attractive pricing for upgrades for secure storage and backup, but also that we soon will be able to supply a broader spectrum of services to Visma’s customers, says Matz Karlsson, CEO at Storegate AB.
The name change brings no other large changes for current users, but all support for the service is from now on provided by Storegate.
[shortened version – full version only available in Swedish]
We now lauch a new version of our Android app. Now with the possibility to edit and save Office documents directly in the app.
In 2016 we launched the possibility to edit and create documents and files i the different programs in Office Online through our web interface, and now it also possible in the mobile or tablet. As when using the web interface, the user needs an Office 365 account to use this feature as a business user. Otherwise, the app has not changed compared to the previous version, so users will feel right at home.
The app is available for download here on our web page, and as an update in Play.
Advania and Storegate recently decided on a unique concept for cloud storage – Storegate Enterprise. The layout of the concept is that Advania installs SOSA, the Storegate cloud storage platform, at a Swedish Advania data centre. This gives Advania the possibility to take full responsibility for services provided by Storegate towards their own customers.
– Storegate supplies cloud serviced for safe storage of digital information, both branded Storegate and via so called White Label- solutions, where operators and service providers can offer Storegate applications using their own brands. However, the collaborative deal with Advania is something all new, this is our first external installation using the Storegate brand, says Matz Karlsson, CEO at Storegate.
Since 2003, Storegate offers cloud services and applications for secure storage. Customers are found both in Scandinavia and globally, and range from small businesses to large companies – often and as in this case, service providers. As such, Advania specializes in a market with very high demands on access and security.
– It’s complicated for us to reach large businesses with our services as they often choose a total IT partner, that sometimes even supply entire office concepts. In this concept, our services will be part of Advanias new cloud Portal Advania Marketplace. Being run entirely by Advania, with customer data stored at Advania data centres, the service is a natural part of their 24/7 service commitment.
– It’s both exciting and fun having started this collaboration with Storegate, says Daniel Albertsson, Nordic Manager Cloud Services. Storegate offers a wide range of platform independent storage solutions and their sought-after Team gives businesses better control of both data and users, as it enables working directly in the cloud. A benefit especially when working with external partners and suppliers. And of course, it is a bonus that Storegate is an all-Swedish supplier of cloud services, Daniel concludes.
For more information, please contact:
Matz Karlsson, CEO, Storegate AB
ABOUT ADVANIA AB
With 1000 employees in Sweden, Iceland, Norway and Denmark, Advania is one the largest and most wide ranged system administrators in northern Europe. Advania helps customers within IT-outsourcing, business systems, process automation, contact center, IT-infrastructure and integration with the explicit intent to be the most flexible and value-adding supplier on the market. For more information visit: www.advania.se
On February 1st, Telia Company merged its Lithuanian businesses into one, Telia Lietuva. One of the services offered, and that Telia now choses to expand, is Saugykla, cloud storage solutions supplied by the Swedish service and application provider Storegate.
The merged operations are Teo, Omnitel and Baltic Data Center, and after becoming Telia Lietuva they are now updated with the Telia visual identity and logo.
– Storegate has provided Teo with cloud services since 2012, and the fact that we are now trusted to be the service provider for the entire Lithuanian operation is of course something we are very proud of, says Matz Karlsson, CEO at Storegate AB.
Since 2003 Storegate AB provide cloud based storage solutions on the global market working with companies of different sizes, and as in this case service providers.
In this upgrade and expansion, Telia Lietuva has chosen to broaden their service offering with the Storegate services Sync and Map Drive, making these available for both businesses and consumers.
For more information, please contact:
Matz Karlsson, CEO, Storegate AB
Storegate AB now releases a new version of its backup software. This 3rd generation of the product since 2003 is called Online Backup 2.0 and the development has focused on improving the user experience.
The big difference between the Storegate software and conventional backup services is that all information is stored in its original format. Thereby users that lose files due to a computer crash, theft, or any other reason, immediately can access their files in a usable format. Most backup software requires installation of recovery software or other methods of restoration of files to the original format when recovering a backup.
– From the start in 2003, our philosophy has been to provide users a safe backup service that keep their data readily accessible in the cloud. We believe in simplicity for our customers and that no one should have to be an IT-technician to maintain his or her digital information safe, says Bertil Hedén, Business and Product development manager at Storegate AB.
Online Backup 2.0 functions similarly to the predecessors, but provides a few new functions, features and improvements to give the user a better overview of the process and result. Except for the back-end technology not visible to the user, the new version among other things offers.:
A more user friendly appearance that is easier to navigate
Better monitoring and control of performed backup sets
Easier possibility to restore files
The software will prompt users to update when the new version is available.
For more information, please contact:
Bertil Hedén, Business and Product Development Manager, Storegate AB
+46 (0) 703-201402, bertil.heden[at]storegate.com