A Swedish cloud service for business files, is now launching a legally sustainable digital signing service as part of its service offering. Storegate's Digital Signing initiative provides customers with a unique opportunity to store, share and sign documents digitally with full compliance to the privacy requirements contained in:
- Publicity and Secrecy Act (OSL)
- Patient Data Laws (PDL)
- Social Services Act (SoL)
- Education Act
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- We see that it is only now that the market has really matured, says Torbjörn Lindkvist, Business and Product Development Manager at Storegate. We have developed the service to be easy to use but still comply with eIDAS legislation and the high requirements of the public sector. Signatories can identify themselves and sign contracts with BankID or digital signature. Contracts are exported in PAdES (PDF Advanced Electronic Signatures) format and receive qualified signatures time-stamped for long-term archiving (LTV). The certificates that seal the documents can be found on EUTL (European Union Trusted List) and AATL (Adobe Approved Trusted List), concludes Torbjörn Lindkvist.
Digital signing both more secure and more cost-effective
Digital signing enables businesses to replace the paperwork and time-consuming process of physical signatures with secure digital signatures.
- We are very pleased to be able to present this service to both existing and new customers," says Mats Karlsson, CEO of Storegate AB. With Storegate Signing as part of our service offering, our customers save time, money and get a more efficient business with higher security. This is exactly what we do.
For more information, please contact:
Mats Karlsson, CEO, Storegate AB, +46 (0) 703 20 14 01, mats.karlsson[at]storegate.com
Torbjörn Lindkvist, CPO, Storegate AB, +46 (0) 705 48 74 63, torbjorn.lindkvist[at]storegate.com
ABOUT STOREGATE AB
Storegate AB believes that the need for confidentiality and privacy will grow in the future. We are therefore driven to meet and exceed future needs and security requirements in data storage. The storage systems are located in Sweden and regulated under Swedish law. This makes it significantly easier for Swedish companies when it comes to GDPR and the US CLOUD Act. The eSam report shows that Storegate is one of 2 approved services for document storage and file sharing. Storegate was founded in 2003 and is owned by the Jotta Group.