Storegate CEO Matz Karlsson makes a statement in Swedish Television news (only in Swedish) on how the U.S. cloud computing industry stands to lose between $22 to $35 billion over the next three years.
The debate about the security and integrity of digital information stored in the cloud has caused great concern in the use of so-called cloud services. Where are the information stored, and what laws apply? Who has access to it? Who actually owns the data stored in the cloud? Questions that everyone should be worried about. Storegate now answers by offering their customers a cloud guarantee.
That Twitter and Facebook claim the right to use any material posted on their services, in the way they want, is generally known. The fact that Google use and store all information collected through their search engine to provide greater accuracy for advertisers, and more, are also quite well known. What few users realize is that US-based service providers need to comply under the Patriot Act and the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act giving a third party the right to take part of private information stored by consumers and businesses in theirs, so called, secure cloud services.
– Storegate is a global provider of cloud services for secure storage of digital information. Our mission is to offer secure online services to support our customers’ needs to store, access, share, and work with their digital information online, anywhere, anytime, says Matz Karlsson, CEO at Storegate. We do not intend, in any way, to use our customers’ stored files in our own or in someone else’s’ interest. On the contrary, if we cannot promise our customers complete privacy, we are not a credible option for businesses or individuals who want to store their digital information in the cloud. Therefore, we now provide all our customers a Cloud guarantee where Storegate promise that:
1. Storegate don’t use the information stored for any purpose other than to store it for our customers.
2. Customers retain ownership of all information stored in Storegates cloud service.
3. All information is stored in Sweden.
– We have stored our clients’ information in data centers with highest security since 2003. Cloud guarantee is a way for us to talk about how it is like to be a customer of Storegate. There are no new conditions, this is how it has been all along. But for customers who not yet have chosen a secure cloud service for their digital information, it can be a deciding factor, especially when it comes to business customers, says Matz Karlsson.
For more information, please contact:
Matz Karlsson, VD, Storegate AB, +46 (0) 703 201401, matz.karlsson[at]storegate.com
Storegate stores the most important information in the world – yours.
Billions of files are stored in Storegate’s system. Files that for many people are irreplaceable. It’s a big responsibility – one that Storegate takes very seriously. Consequently, all information is stored in the most professional environments. The data centers where the files are stored are rated maximum security in terms of intrusion, fire protection and power supply. All components of the system are doubled for reasons of fault tolerance. Backups are always made on two different media. The information stored is not accessible to anyone but the person who stored it and has the proper user ID and password. All Internet transfers are encrypted.
Founded in 2001, NetPort Science Park works according to the Triple Helix model to promote unique interactions between university, public sector and the business world. NetPort Science Park chooses Storegate to manage, store and sync employee’s digital information. They also use the service to increase the efficiency for third-party members in external projects where file collaboration is playing a major part.
NetPort Science Park will use Storegate Online File Server with PC and Mac clients for data synchronization in combination with Storegate´s apps for making content accessible via mobile phones and tablets.
Storegate.com just announced that it has launched support for Microsoft Office-editing in iPads and Android tablets for all of their business customers.
The supporting apps, Office 2 HD™ for iPad and Kingsoft Office™ for Android tablets, come from third-parties developers which are using Storegate’s WebDAV-protocol. The new apps provide complete access to let you view, edit, comment and create Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files (’97 – ’10). All created content is stored to your account on Storegate.
– We have seen a great demand for editing MS Office documents using iPad´s and Android tablets. There is a wide public sector in Sweden with this particularly demand but there are also several of our business customers which has contacted me about this, says Torbjörn Lindkvist, Marketing Director at Storegate. The new enhanced features open up a new market for us and it is a perfect match with the rest of our products for small businesses and teams, Torbjörn Lindkvist concludes.
Office 2 HD™ and Kingsoft Office™ is official apps at AppStore and Google Play and can be downloaded and purchased directly from your device. You will need your Storegate account details and a business subscription to get started with these applications.
For more information, please contact:
Torbjörn Lindkvist, Marketing Director, Storegate AB, +46 (0) 705-48 74 63, torbjorn.lindkvist[at]storegate.com